Sunday, October 6, 2013

FTP Should Be Working Now

Okay, we fixed some of the problems for sure -- but I'm not sure why some people still aren't able to connect.  Don't worry if we can't get this working -- I will accept the work on CD, SD card, USB drive, etc.  
That being said, make sure you are setting it up as follows:
  • Host/IP: csc.mendocino.edu
  • Username: (the one I provided in the Announcements the other day)
  • Password: (your six-digit birth date -- i.e. 022668)
  • Port: 22
  • Connection: SSH/SFTP
Once you have access, you'll be in the "Home" folder.  You will need to create a folder called "public_html" (without the quotes) which is where you will post all of your projects.  When someone goes to your web address (i.e. http://csc.mendocino.edu/~username) they will be seeing your public_html folder.

For example, my page is at: http://csc.mendocino.edu/~rgriffith

I have no "index.html" file so it shows the directory -- but if I had an index.html file inside that folder, it would show that instead.  If you click on one of the other folders you will see that process in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment